Litter or litter box means a sandbox or tray which cats use to put their urine or feces in an indoor area. When we say litter train it indicates that how to teach a kitten to use such litter box during their purge.
No matter how much we are fond of cats or kittens, but it is not acceptable that your house is full of shits or purgation unexpectedly, right? So, every kitten-holder should know that how to make their little ones trained enough to use litter box regularly.
Usually, mom cat is aware enough to make their kittens trained about how to use litter box during their raising period, but if you are a novice pet holder and have a kitten to rise without its mother then you have to follow a few simple tricks to make it litter train naturally. Here we are suggesting you how to do the job expertly without any additional effort, let’s check this out-
How to Litter Train My kittens
- Basically, kittens follow and imitate their mom during their raising period, so it will be easier to a person to train a kitten about the litter
- But, if their mom is no near around or you have to teach a kitten on your own to use the litter then, wait at least for 3-4 weeks after their born.
- After that duration, try to emphasize litter box with some attractive equipment like toys, dishes, bedding stuff around the litter to drag the attention of a kitten towards it.
- Make them realize that what is the purpose of this box, and take them to that box every time they pass purge in a day.
- Make your kitten comfortable about the use of that litter box and keep the box clean after kitten leaves their enclosure there.
- If you are quite certain about the timing of purgation of your kitten then, try to put your kitten in litter box every day exactly at that time. This will help them to realize, that box is intended for what!
- Lastly, if your kitten has started walking then try to put a litter box in every single room, so then in high motion, it doesn’t need to search the box or couldn’t make your place nasty accident, once it figured out the real purpose of such boxes.