It is not unusual to get rust in our car wheels often during regular usage but getting that dirt out of wheels is really tough for anyone, especially from the intricate parts of wheels.
Mechanics could do it easily but the cost is not easy for all of us, and it is not possible as well, to send your vehicle every single to the garage just for cleaning the rust, right? So, here is a suitable solution for you, simply use the affordable DIY methods on your car wheels and get rid of those nasty rusts quickly. Here we are referring one of the easiest methods among them, let’s check it out-
How to Remove Rust from Car Wheels
- ½ cup mild soap
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- Juice of one lime
- Stiff bristle brush
- Cleaning towel
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol
- A soft towel
- 1 medium grade steel wool
- 1 container of high chemical rust remover
- An empty spray bottle
- And 1 container of the rustproof
- Firstly use a hard brush on the rim of your wheels and scrap out all the dry dirt from there.
- Now mix soap & water in an empty spray bottle and spray it all over the wheels along with the rim side.
- Then, bring the stiff bristle brush and start cleaning the rust from the parts of your wheels manually.
- Once you have finished, soak a towel in rubbing alcohol and clean the wheels with that dampened towel firmly.
- Then bring a fine grade steel wool and polish the rim areas of your wheels slow yet steadily until you get the satisfying glow to your wheels.
- After eliminating all the dirt and cleaning rusted areas properly, apply the protective coating to the tire rims with a single layer.
- Finally, bring the alcohol dampened towel and wipe the rim part gently for one last time.