Sometimes we found a kitten roadside without its mommy-cat or sometimes, unfortunately, its mom-cat died, and in such crisis, a pet lover couldn’t stop trying their hands on raising such purring fur balls because of the delicacy of that job.
So, here we are referring you how to take care a newborn orphan kitten at home without any professional help as an expert pet holder. Let’s check these tips out-
Taking Care of Orphan / Newborn Kittens
- Initially, find out if the kitten is less than a week old or more than 2-3 weeks by checking its eyes. If the eyes are close then take extra care and use to feed them only light milk through nipple-set nursing bottles.
- Provide them a warm and safe place to rest first where no danger could touch them, even in your absence as well!
- Adorn the place with clean bedding and keep the area dry for all the time, around the bed of that little kitten.
- Try to place them in a natural condition and realize the real temperature of nature, yet a consistent temperature in-between 90 to 92 degrees F is healthy enough for a newborn kitten.
- After preparing their bed to be active for their food and feed them kitten milk through a feeding bottle carefully.
- Kittens are not able to consume too much of food at once at their newborn stage, so try to feed them more often with a small amount of milk.
- Make sure the hotness of the milk is bearable for a kitten and keep it just at room temperature for the best outcome.
- Once the kitten starts growing and reach the age of more than 3 weeks, try to replace the milk with meat-based food supplements for the proper nourishment of a kitten.
- Validate the health condition of your kitten frequently and contact a veterinarian immediately if you found any irregularity in the health of your little pet ever.
Related Video: How to Take Care of Kittens ( Orphan and Newborn)
how to wash and clean a kitten, give her kitten formula bottle and feed kitten with syringe if kitten is too small.
- Kittens always warm place.
- Newborns will love a quiet place.
- And they love to sleep a lot, so dont over handle them.
- Sleep increases the kittens brain development and nutrition absorption.
- And let mother handle the kitties, in case they are orphans let the kittens get the warmness from your hands.
- You can take soft tissues and wipe the kittens body just like her mother would do.
- when you are about feed make sure the milk is little bit warm and you can squeeze the bottle gently if the kitties are not able to suck much.
- And its okay for you to feed the kittens for every 4 hours or after you feel they are raising a hungry cry.
- Feeding them often with little amount is good.