Cats are afraid of water contact so, if you intend to bath your little kitten, then it is not a very good idea, especially who is a novice at this work. You have to be careful all the time that water would enter inside the nose or ears of your little pet and at the same time should be alert about cleaning them up thoroughly.
Washing your kitten without it getting scared
Kittens are messy and they just get covered themselves with shits or foods after reaching an adequate age of playing. Hence, it becomes essential to bath a kitten regularly for the sake of hygiene, but you must be aware of keeping them safe from getting cold as well.
We are referring you here how you can bath a kitten like an expert without making it anxious in step by step method, let’s check them out-
How to give a bath to my kitten
- At first, mix 2 cups of warm water into one tub water and make sure the water temperature if bearable enough for a kitten while bating it inside the tub.
- Never put your kitten directly to that tub, otherwise, it may start drowning or act nervous towards a water
- Firstly, take a soft piece of cloth and make it damp with the water of the bathing
- Now, use that dampened washcloth piece to wipe the claws and paws of kitten slowly. This way your kitten will be familiar with the sensation of humidity and gets used to it while dropping in the tub.
- After wiping the whole body of a kitten this way, slowly put it into the bathing tub and start playing with water to make a kitten comfortable with the water contact.
- After a couple of minutes, if kitten finds out that water couldn’t harm them and once they get proverbial with the sound of water running or splashing then they will start enjoying the bathing part happily.
- Once they are comfortable with it, add a mild pet shampoo in the tub and clan every single part of kitten slow yet clearly by rubbing areas with gentle hands.
- During this process, always keep the face of a kitten out of the water and make sure that it remains dry constantly.
- Once your washing process is done, pour 2-3 mugs of lukewarm water over the top carefully to rinse out the soapy water clearly.
- Finally, take the kitten out of that tub and pat them dry very gently with soft towels.
- To clean the face, nose, eyes, and ears of a kitten, simply use a wet washcloth and wipe their face softly after finishing the entire bathing process properly.
Related Video: Kitten taking her bath ( Safely giving a slow wash)